Saturday, April 20, 2024

 

79,000 Insurgents Surrender As Troops Rescue 3 Chibok Girls

Must Read

Abuse Of Naira Notes: EFCC Arraigns Obi Cubana On 3 Counts Charge ……. Defendant pleaded not Guilty, Granted N10m Bail

Obi Cubana The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC today arraigned a Lagos based socialite, Pascal Okechukwu popularly known as...

First Lady Launches Renewed Hope Initiative Programme For South West Women

L-R: Ogun State Deputy Governor, Engr. (Mrs.) Noimot Salako Oyedele; Lagos State First Lady, Dr. Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu; wife of...

Police Indictment: Businessman Asks Court To Compel AGF To Prosecute Oba Elegushi, Others Over Wilful Damages

A businessman Prince Toluwaleke Megba and a company, Lucky Megba Ojonla Nigeria Limited has instituted a legal action against...

 

The Theatre Commander, North East ‘Operation Hadin Kai’, Maj.-Gen. Christopher Musa, has said over 79,000 insurgents comprising combatants and non-combatants have so far surrendered.

Musa made this known in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital while briefing newsmen on the recent success of the command.

The commander said the sustained onslaught on the insurgents under the kinetic and non-kenetic approaches led to the mass surrender.

He stated that the move led to need to have additional camps in Maiduguri to host the repentants’ insurgents that were being sorted out to identify the combatants and not combatants.

He lauded the support from the public, which he described as “unsung heroes” and urged them to sustain the tempo for a speedy end to the conflict.

“We are really happy with the way the members of the public were cooperating with us; they see the sincerity in what we are doing.

“We are committed to the human rights charter and the rules of engagement in our operations,” Musa said.

Also speaking on the recent success, the General Officer Commanding ( GOC), 7 Division, Maiduguri, Maj.- Gen. Waidi Shuaibu, said within the period under review, three more Chibok girls were also rescued.

Shuaibu said the girls rescued were Falmata Lawan, Asabe Ali, and Jinkal Yama, who are on serial number three, 12 and 20, respectively on the list of abducted Chibok girls.

He said the girls were rescued separately in Bama axis on August 30, September 1, and September 2 respectively.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Abuse Of Naira Notes: EFCC Arraigns Obi Cubana On 3 Counts Charge ……. Defendant pleaded not Guilty, Granted N10m Bail

Obi Cubana The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC today arraigned a Lagos based socialite, Pascal Okechukwu popularly known as...

First Lady Launches Renewed Hope Initiative Programme For South West Women

L-R: Ogun State Deputy Governor, Engr. (Mrs.) Noimot Salako Oyedele; Lagos State First Lady, Dr. Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu; wife of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Chief...

Police Indictment: Businessman Asks Court To Compel AGF To Prosecute Oba Elegushi, Others Over Wilful Damages

A businessman Prince Toluwaleke Megba and a company, Lucky Megba Ojonla Nigeria Limited has instituted a legal action against the Attorney General of the...

Abiodun Swears-in 20th HoS, Promises Better Civil Service

L-R: Immediate past Head of Service, Mr. Kolawole Peter Fagbohun; Deputy Governor, Engr. (Mrs.) Noimot Salako-Oyedele; Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun and the...

Court Adjourns Hearing Of Alleged 7bn Debt Against Swift Networks To May 10

Justice Daniel Osiagor of the Federal High Court sitting in Lagos has fixed May 10, 2024 for hearing of all pending applications, including possible...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -