Friday, June 14, 2024

 

Musk Sends New Letter To Terminate $44bn Twitter Deal

Must Read

Dangote Says Oil Mafia Tried To Frustrate  Refinery Project 

The founder of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has revealed that both local and international criminal organisations, which he described...

Dangote Shifts Supply Date Of Petrol To July

Dangote Refinery has said its plan to release Premium Motor Spirit otherwise call petrol into the market this month...

Lagos-Calabar Highway: FG Reroutes Project, Slashes Lanes From 10 To 6

The Federal Government says it has rerouted the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway path to avoid any possible damage to subsea...

 

The world’s richest person, Elon Musk, has sent an additional letter of deal termination to Twitter after he subpoenaed a whistleblower seeking documents on how the social media company measures spam accounts.

Musk walked away from a $44 billion offer for Twitter in July saying the company misled him and regulators about the true number of spam or bot accounts on the microblogging platform.

According to a court filing on Monday, Musk has sought information from a whistleblower and former head of Twitter’s security Peiter Zatko mostly about the way the microblogging site measures spam account.

According to Reuters, a famed hacker known as “Mudge,” Zatko said in his complaint that became public last week that the company falsely claimed it had a solid security plan and prioritized user growth over reducing spam.

Following the disclosure, Musk’s legal team said allegations on certain facts, which were known to Twitter prior to July 8 but were not disclosed to them, have come to light that provide additional and distinct bases to end the deal.

The subpoena to Zatko comes in the run-up to a five-day trial at the Delaware Court of Chancery set to begin on October 17.

While Musk wants to terminate the deal, Twitter is asking Chancellor Kathaleen McCormick to order him to buy it for the agreed $54.20 per share.

Meanwhile, an additional termination notice dated August 29 was delivered in case the July 8 notice was determined to be invalid for any reason, according to a regulatory filing by Musk on Tuesday.

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Dangote Says Oil Mafia Tried To Frustrate  Refinery Project 

The founder of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has revealed that both local and international criminal organisations, which he described...

Dangote Shifts Supply Date Of Petrol To July

Dangote Refinery has said its plan to release Premium Motor Spirit otherwise call petrol into the market this month will no longer be feasible. The...

Lagos-Calabar Highway: FG Reroutes Project, Slashes Lanes From 10 To 6

The Federal Government says it has rerouted the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway path to avoid any possible damage to subsea cables belonging to telecommunication companies. The...

Ogun Applies To Acquire Basin Development Authority’s Hydro Power Plant To Boost Power Supply

  L-R: Executive Director, Engineering, Engr. Babalola Olatunji; MD/CEO, Ogun-Osun River Basin Development Authority, Engr. Adedeji Ashiru; Governor Dapo Abiodun; Head of Service, Mr. Kehinde...

June 12: Gov. Abiodun Directs Housing Ministry To Renovate MKO Abiola’s House

  Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has directed the Ministry of Housing to immediately give a face-lift to the house of late MKO...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -