Friday, June 14, 2024

 

N22.1bn Earned Allowance: Varsity Non-Teaching Staff Threaten To Close Down Laboratories

Must Read

Dangote Says Oil Mafia Tried To Frustrate  Refinery Project 

The founder of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has revealed that both local and international criminal organisations, which he described...

Dangote Shifts Supply Date Of Petrol To July

Dangote Refinery has said its plan to release Premium Motor Spirit otherwise call petrol into the market this month...

Lagos-Calabar Highway: FG Reroutes Project, Slashes Lanes From 10 To 6

The Federal Government says it has rerouted the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway path to avoid any possible damage to subsea...

 

THE National Association of Academic Technologists, NAAT has insisted that the N22.1billion approved by the Federal Government as Earned Allowances should be disbursed fairly in line with the Memorandum of Understanding signed by all parties.
It would be recalled, that three unions, namely the Non-Academic Staff Union of Education and Associated Institutions, NASU, the Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities, SSANU and the National Association of Academic Technologists, NAAT got an approval of N22.127billion to settle outstanding Earned Allowances.
But the alleged directive by government that ASUU should take a lion share of 75 percent of the total sum, while the other three unions share the remaining 25 percent among themselves appears to be brewing tension among the various unions.
NAAT President, Comrade Ibeji Nwokoma while briefing the media on Thursday, expressed disappointment in government over refusal to stick to the MOU dated 4th February, 2021.
According to Nwokoma, the 25 percent allocated to the non teaching staff unions should be clearly allocated to each union on the basis of signed FGN/ University based unions 2009 agreement.
NAAT equally decried the spate of abduction within the University system, describing Tuesday’s kidnapping of six persons at University of Abuja as unfortunate.
The association also condemned the spate of building collapse in the country, insisting that government should ensure that all agencies must adhere strictly to building regulations.
His words, “NAAT considered the recent spate of kidnapping and killings in the country with concern especially with the kidnap of some staff of the University of Abuja and call on government at all levels to adopt proactive strategies of preventing security breach around all campuses and the larger community
“NAAT is concerned with the spate of building collapse in the country and attendant loss of lives and properties associated with the collapse. NAAT is calling on relevant agencies of government at all levels to ensure adherence of all building projects with the building regulations” .On vaccination, he said, “Our position on compulsory vaccination for our workers is that we are of the view that it is very wrong for the government to say that vaccination should be compulsory.
Vaccination cannot and should not be made compulsory for citizens.
“We will rather plead with the government to work on the conscience of the people or encourage people to go and vaccinate themselves if anybody thinks he should take it. We are asking the government to please withdraw that deadline as it is not proper to ask citizens to be compulsorily vaccinated.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -
Latest News

Dangote Says Oil Mafia Tried To Frustrate  Refinery Project 

The founder of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote, has revealed that both local and international criminal organisations, which he described...

Dangote Shifts Supply Date Of Petrol To July

Dangote Refinery has said its plan to release Premium Motor Spirit otherwise call petrol into the market this month will no longer be feasible. The...

Lagos-Calabar Highway: FG Reroutes Project, Slashes Lanes From 10 To 6

The Federal Government says it has rerouted the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway path to avoid any possible damage to subsea cables belonging to telecommunication companies. The...

Ogun Applies To Acquire Basin Development Authority’s Hydro Power Plant To Boost Power Supply

  L-R: Executive Director, Engineering, Engr. Babalola Olatunji; MD/CEO, Ogun-Osun River Basin Development Authority, Engr. Adedeji Ashiru; Governor Dapo Abiodun; Head of Service, Mr. Kehinde...

June 12: Gov. Abiodun Directs Housing Ministry To Renovate MKO Abiola’s House

  Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun, has directed the Ministry of Housing to immediately give a face-lift to the house of late MKO...
- Advertisement -

More Articles Like This

- Advertisement -